Here at UCR CAN we take pride in maintaining a safe, friendly, and stable environment providing flexible access to our top of the line MRI facility while keeping the rules and regulations at a minimum. The following are UCR CAN’s policies and procedures which all users are expected to know and abide by.
- No food or drinks in the center. We work hard to maintain a clean and orderly facility and request that no outside food or beverages be brought into the center. If needed, there is a small refrigerator located in the workroom for temporary storage of food and drink items as well as a sink area. Water will be provided for participants only.
- Only qualified personnel can run the scanner. The normal operating hours for scanning are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm. During these hours’ participants will be scanned by one of the center’s qualified staff. After hours and weekend scanning is available for funded projects only at the discretion and availability of the center’s staff.
- Any person entering the control room and scan room must first attend UCR CAN’s safety training course and be screened by the MRI Technologist. Safety training courses are offered at the beginning of each quarter as needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information.
- All participants must fill out the MRI screening form at the time of the appointment. All participants must also have signed the voluntary consent form given to them by the lab conducting the study.
- Lab Requirements: Approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) must be present at every scan, appointment must be reflected accurately on the scheduling calendar, and all equipment must be left in original state for the next user.
- Please keep open lines of communication to all staff members at UCR CAN with any requests, questions or needs. We will be happy to help and want to give you the best experience and data possible.
- All scheduling is done on UCR CAN Google Calendar. When reserving the appointment please be sure the correct calendar is selected, use PI’s last name and name of study, allow 15 minutes between each scan. No tentative spots may be reserved. Do not delete any cancelled (47 hours or less) or no-show appointments from the Google calendar.
When scheduling appointments, please use PI’s last name, name or abbreviation of study and subj ID # as the appointment title (i.e. Zhang- Affect-WM- 059). The appointment time should include start from the time you occupy the control room (i.e. setting up scan, practice using control room computer etc.) to the time you leave the control room. Please allow for more time then the scan card assumes. Your lab will be charged according the time you tie up the control, including the scanning time. It is each lab’s responsibility to make sure enough time is scheduled to accommodate both the subject preparation in the MRI suite and the data acquisition time. Also, please be mindful when scheduling back to back appointments that time is needed to re-set the scan room (coil changes, linens, button boxes, headset etc.)
If additional time is needed before or after the MRI appointment time, please utilize either or both the workroom and testing room for paperwork, consent forms, and practice testing (if the control room computer is not needed for the practice). This additional time should be reflected on the Google calendar before or after your study and may overlap with an MRI appointment.
- For MRI only, the rate is $125/15 min. No charges for scheduling the work or testing rooms.
- Cancellations done 48 hours or more in advance will not be charged. Cancellations 47-24 hours will have a $75 fee. Same day cancellation and no shows will be charged ½ of the scheduled appointment time.
- Funded Projects are those that are financially supported and hold scheduling priority. Pilot Projects do not have priority and therefore may be asked to reschedule by a funded project if needed.
- New studies are given 1 set up session, up to 2 hours in length. Any additional testing will be charged as regular scan time, unless additional time is requested and approved by the director.
- UCR CAN offers opportunities for pilot project application. Please check the instruction part of the pilot project application form for details.
- CAN MRI screening form
- CAN Pilot Project application form
- Suggested text template regarding "Incidental Finding" used for IRB. (Pls contact Center Director)